Pages

Sunday, January 15

A girl just knows...

The Cinderella Forest Cafe - Tokyo, Japan

Wow. Am loving the chic but natural feel of this beautiful cafe designed by Jamo Associates.  Love the chandeliers, those mismatched chairs, the tablescape and most of all, all that greenery!  I'm dying over here.  I'm bookmarking these shots and putting them in my wedding inspiration file.  And this cafe's name surely fits, don't you think?  I can totally see Cinderella hanging out here with Prince Charming.

DESIGNTIDE200802

DESIGNTIDE200801

There's something about these Jamo images that are making me think of another magical venue.  This one is way closer to home, and although there aren't any beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling (I suppose it could be done though...), it's super chic and oh so green.  Succulent filled walls, fantastic vintage furnishings, a built-in movie screen, mismatched chairs and reclaimed wood tables...and that's BEFORE you start decorating!

green wedding

beautifuldayphotography

ghoastacademy

Logan_Mike_Los_Angeles_Shoppe_Wedding_014

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of working as the venue director for SmogShoppe, a unique event space located in Culver City (as seen in the photos above...to-die-for gorgeousness).  What is so incredibly amazing about this space, is that it works for a totally funky aesthetic just as well as it works for something a bit more traditional.  It is definitely NOT for the gal who imagines her wedding in a hotel ballroom, but truly it's all in the event styling and finishes; it's a beautiful blank canvas and you can make it what you want.  It's also one of the greenest event spaces in LA, which is pretty ironic considering it used to actually be a REAL smog shop that tests car emissions.

Biff and I got married at Marvimon, aka Smog's "older sister", and it was amazing. I like to think of Marv as a hidden treasure in downtown Los Angeles.  It was an actual car showroom from the 1920's that the owners, Sherry and Miguel, transformed.  Initially, the space was their home and you can really sense that when you walk through the front doors.  It always felt like home to me too.  I came across the venue years ago when I was scouting a location for a wedding I was planning.  As soon as I walked in, I knew it would be where I would say "I do."  Of course I hadn't even met Biff yet, but it was eminent.

A girl just knows.

Wedding details and photos of Marv coming soon!
SS images found here, here, here & here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...